BEFORE YOU DIG

Grayton has lots of underground utilities including TV/internet cables, gas lines, phone lines, and electrical lines. Before you DIG please call 811 annd the companies will come out and mark where the lines are. There is no cost for this service.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sept. 28th Meeting Update


I have been informed that Ms. Jones was indeed at the Commissioner's Meeting on the 28th. I had on my close up reading glasses as I was reading my talking points from my IPAD and I certainly didn't see her up there. There were lots of folks, some standing, some moving behind the desk...so I guess I missed her and without my normal viewing glasses (which I left at home) I can't see clearly. So I now have to eat my words on her missing meeting. The vote didn't change...we still only got one vote that opposed the change and that was from Ms. Comander.

I received an email from Ms. Jones this morning and she explained why she voted as she did (she voted for the change) which I think you deserve to hear because she does represent our area and she did take the time to explain her vote. Again, my mistake.

"Ann, I took this process very seriously as well. I received emails and phone calls from people about many of the suggested changes and read and listened to them. I appreciate yovr involvement in the process and I did read your emails prior to the meeting. I weighed all the input from constituents and staff, In my opinion, in regards to this particular request, the Neighborhood Commercial (NC) designation would actually hold these properties to a higher standard than they are currently being held. (NC ) puts restrictions on the type and intensity of what can be developed on those parcels; where as residential Preservation does not have those same restrictions. I honestly feel that it is in the interest of the community for those parcels to be held to a higher standard. I discussed this request in detail with staff and also did research prior to reaching my decision. I just wanted to explain that my decision was not reached arbitrarily or facetiously. Again, I sincerely thank you for your input and involvement throughout this process.
Best regards

Cecilla"




No comments:

Post a Comment